Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The first day! Oh no, where's my phone?

I finally left home around 1130, and rather quickly spun my way up Euclid.  Took a good bye pic of the Bay, and put my phone back in the map case compartment of my handlebar bag.  Apparently I didn't zip it up, not for the first time I might add.  I often forgot to zip it up when Beth and I were cycling in NZ this year.
Here's where I forgot to zip it up!

Anyway, I stopped to take a photo at the Contra Costa County line, about 2.5-3 miles along from where I stopped on Euclid.

No phone....  I was so mad at myself and so embarrassed.  I turned around and started looking where I thought I'd hit some bad bumps.  No phone.  I asked a couple of cyclists coming my way if they'd seen it, no luck.  Went back and forth once on Wildcat, then back to Euclid where I took the photo.

As I was looking on Euclid, one of the cyclists I'd asked, asked me if I'd found it.  Another cyclist, coming up the hill, stopped and asked me what I'd lost.  Well when I told her it was my phone, she was awesome, and said,  "what's the number, I"ll call it?"  Then she saw my stuff and asked about my trip, and said "this is the first day of your spirit journey, so the world is trying to tell you something."  How right she is!

So we fired up Where's My Droid, which my friend Mike Ray made me put on my phone.  It actually gave us an address in Wildcat, and wouldn't you know, when Caroline called my phone at the address, there it was!

Magic!  And she's neighbors with Ben and Rick, how cool. Even knows Yuri the dog.  The first big kindness of my trip.....

I stopped to see Kathy, and Kathy and Bob's in Martinez, many hours late!  Then pushed on to Fairfield where I'm really exhausted tonight.

I'll figure this thing out soon, and add pics, and a map.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you got your phone back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like running into a bunch of problem solving cyclists. Kate and I will follow your trip and send good karma along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing! Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to read about all your adventures. Sending you lots of "Different Spokes Southern California" love <3

    ReplyDelete