Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 13---more waiting

Last night before going to bed, I found out that my dad had fallen at the pool in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and was going to be medically evacuated today.  Apparently he's broken his hip, and has been admitted to University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia. I'll find out more in the morning, which is causing me a bit of concern, as I'll be out of electronic contact for a couple of days as I pedal across the southern Oregon desert.

Not too much to report today in Lakevew, it rained, and then it rained some more.  My motel room started leaking, so I had to move rooms, and have a much groovier green tile 50s bathroom. I feel a bit like a racehorse chomping at the bit tonight, and am eager to get on with my trip.

Will post to Facebook when I take off tomorrow.....Day 14 blog will be at least a day late!

No comments:

Post a Comment