Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 21--- rolling the dice in the morning

After another day super hot temperatures (105) but right now it's almost ten degrees cooler than at this time last night.  Tonight's low should be low enough for me to make the next 45 miles to Mountain Home, which involves riding 30 miles of shadeless desert on the shoulder of I-84.  From what I've heard from local cyclists, it's not a very pleasant ride, but there's a chance of a decent tailwind.  I'd be super happy if I got to Mountain Home before 11.

I've rested, read, worked, and looked around downtown Boise a little more today.  Napped too, so I feel ready to take on the challenge tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Am enjoying your trip vicariously, Phil, as well as the excellent reporting on the state of our small towns. A modern day Mark Twain you are, if Clemens had ridden a bicycle instead of a stage wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff, it's a few degrees cooler today, and it's been mostly cloudy, so not being in the blazing sun makes a huge difference. Tomorrow I climb up to cooler altitudes for the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete